The Muslim Community Center (MCC)
Arabic Language Classes
Semester Start: Saturday February 13, 2016
Location: 15200 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20905
- Meaningful Communication in spoken and written Arabic
- Comprehension of Arabic texts including the Qu’ran
Levels (7 Semesters total from start, less depending on placement):
- Introductory (Letter recognition, vocabulary)
- Beginners I and II (Vocabulary, dialog, reading and some grammar)
- Intermediate I and II (All of the above and heavy emphasis on grammar)
- Advanced I and II (All of the above, meaningful writing, reading and conversation)
Class information: Classes will be held for 2 hours each meeting – Every Saturday and Sunday between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Introductory Arabic evening session will resume February 16, 2016, and will meet on Tuesday and Thursday between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Registration, IN-PERSON: Saturday, February 13, 2016 starting at 8 A.M. (in the MCC Library)
Placement test for new students: Will be held the first day of school for new students
Tuition: $250 per semester plus $50 registration fee.
Click here for the Arabic program curriculum.
Click here for the Arabic program calander.
Click here to read the article on “Why Study Arabic?”
Contact: Contact: Usman Sarwar, 202-528-2130 or email Hariyah dan-Fodio, firstname.lastname@example.org