The Muslim Community Center (MCC) Senior Program was established as a multi-purpose program, offering a wide range of services. The program includes, social, educational, recreational, and health related options for Muslims aged 55+ . It is designed by seniors, with, and, for seniors.
The MCC Senior Program was launched in March 2011, and welcomes Seniors the second Saturday of every month, from 2:00pm-5:00pm.
- Participants are invited to share a home cooked international buffet prepared by our Seniors,
- Lunch is followed a variety of recreational activities.
Seniors are offered classes in Crochet/knitting, Islamic Calligraphy, computer, henna design and physical fitness.
- A volunteer Doctor provides in-house consultation.
- An important component of the program agenda is a lecture series. Experts in the field of Aging make presentations on critical issues of concern to seniors. Open discussions, and one on one consultations follow.
In addition, the MCC Senior Program offers :
- exciting monthly Field trips
- a monthly newsletter
- coordinated health related services provided by MCC Clinic
- outreach to isolated seniors through supportive collaborative intergenerational efforts with MCC school program
- transportation to Dr. appointments, shopping, in coordination with Montgomery County Senior Connection Volunteers
- a Living History program ( being developed)
- other projects are being explored.
We invite you to join our program. You can select the activities of your choice, move at your own pace, make friends, explore your talents, go on an adventure, learn how to negotiate the system to get needed services. But most of all, stay connected.
For further information, please contact Sr. Mona Negm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Information for Seniors
SENIOR PROGRAM NEWSLETTERS